The Reserve can be accessed from Rodley Town Street via the canal swing bridge and tarmaced access to the Visitor Centre and disabled toilet facilities.
There is ramped access to the Visitor Centre. Blue Badge holders will find 3 marked spaces adjacent to the Visitor Centre and toilets – badges must be displayed.
The following hides and viewing points are linked from the entrance driveway by a hard surface footpath suitable for wheelchairs and buggies-
- Lagoon Hide (ramped access with wheelchair viewing point)
- Michael Sheldon Hide (ramped access with low viewing points)
- Duck Marsh Hide (ramped access with wheelchair viewing point)
- Willow Path Hide (direct access from pathway, wheelchair viewing point)
- Reedbed Hide (ramped access with wheelchair viewing points)
- Public Dipping Ponds
- Manager’s Garden Hide – bird feeding area (with wheelchair viewing point)
- Wet Grassland Hide (ramped access with low viewing points)*
- Education Pond*
- * Path currently under construction December 2018 – completion expected within 6 months
The following areas can also be accessed via well maintained and firm grass tracks during drier weather –
- Dragonfly Ponds
- Riverside Walk
- The Reserve has wheelchair-friendly picnic tables available at the Visitor Centre and there is a ramped access to the picnic area on the Butterfly Bank again with wheelchair-friendly tables.
The Reserve offers the use of a mobility scooter which can be made available at the Visitor Centre – to ensure the wheelchair is available advance booking is essential please contact the Visitor Centre on 0113 2040441.