The Reserve can be accessed from Rodley Town Street via the canal swing bridge and tarmaced access to the Visitor Centre and disabled toilet facilities.
There is ramped access to the Visitor Centre. Blue Badge holders will find 3 marked spaces adjacent to the Visitor Centre and toilets – badges must be displayed.
The following hides and viewing points are linked from the entrance driveway by a hard surface footpath suitable for wheelchairs and buggies-
- Lagoon Hide * (ramped access)
- Michael Sheldon Hide (ramped access with low viewing points)
- Duck Marsh Hide (ramped access with wheelchair viewing point)
- Willow Path Hide (direct access from pathway, wheelchair viewing point)
- Reedbed Hide * (ramped access)
- Public Dipping Ponds
* Hides scheduled for replacement winter 2016 – new hides will feature wheelchair viewing points.
The following areas can also be accessed via well maintained and firm grass tracks during drier weather –
- Wet Grassland Hide (ramped access with low viewing points)
- Dragonfly Ponds
- Riverside Walk
- Manager’s Garden feeding area (slight slope has to be negotiated)
- Education Dipping Pond
The Reserve has wheelchair-friendly picnic tables available at the Visitor Centre and there is a ramped access to the picnic area on the Butterfly Bank again with wheelchair-friendly tables.
The Reserve offers the use of a mobility scooter which can be made available at the Visitor Centre – to ensure the wheelchair is available advance booking is essential please contact the Visitor Centre on 0113 2040441.